directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Poor man's cluster interceptor
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:10:23 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Yiannis Mavroukakis
<imavroukakis@gameaccount.com> wrote:
> Hello Emmanuel,
>
> I tried the procedure you described (getEntry() ) but read/writeExternal are
> both setup to throw exceptions, and the messaging layer
> I am using is using those methods to marshall and unmarshall the objects. I
> did see that DefaultServerEntry has serialize/deserialize methods
> but because it's final, I cannot subclass it, and call these methods from
> within my subclass' read/writeExternal....

You have the ServerEntrySerializer class, which is way better as it
serializes/deserializes the Entry the best possible way, using an
internal serialization, instead of the default Java serialization.

Give it a try.

( you can check the ServerEntrySerializerTest for an exemple on how to use it).
--
Regards,
Cordialement,