directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing information on how to lock a user account
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:49:55 GMT
Hi Mike,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Mike Jaeger
<mike.jaeger@est.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We just started to use the Apache DS in our testing environment and
> faced the following problem: It is not clear how to lock or disable a
> user account.

What do you mean exactly ? It's an LDAP server, and the authentication
system will just look for a user which DN is given, and compare its
credential with what has been passed to the Bind Request operation (at
least for a Simple authentication).

Either the user exists and its credential are valid, and the user will
be authenticated, or one of the two previous condition are not met,
and the user won't be authenticated. There are no notion of
enabled/disabled users, or locked.

Did I misinterpretated your need ?

> By checking the documentation I did not find any hint related to this
> action, either. So I don't know if this feature is supported by the
> Apache DS at all.
>

> It would be nice if you could provide some details on this issue.

What could help also is that you provide some information related to
your need which are available in other LDAP servers. May be I'm
missing something here.

> One more note: I would find it really helpful to have a link to a
> mailing list or forum where this kind of question can be asked, but I
> did not find an according link on the site.

This is the place. And this mailing list is just the perfect place. We
don't have forums, but the mails are archived, and you can consult
those archives.

Hope it helps (a bit :)

--
Regards,