directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DNS/DHCP Protocol Providers
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:05:15 GMT
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Nick Lemberger <Nick.Lemberger@lkfd.net> wrote:
> I'm using ADS 1.5.4 on Windows and wanted to try out the integrated DNS and DHCP providers
rather than the LDAP patched ISC versions.

> It doesn't seem to start a listener on the ports I specify after I enable them in the
server.xml.  Could this be a similar problem to the NTP protocol provider which didn't have
a start statement (I saw that in the list archives not too long ago).

> Unfortunately the documentation isn't too helpful.  I think I've setup the Zone's properly
from what I can tell but the provider doesn't seem to be starting.  Any tips would be greatly
appreciated.

1.5.4 was buggy. Protocols other than LDAP weren't available, due to
some mishandling of the configuration.

It has been fixed in trunk, and will be fixed in the next version. You
can use trunk if you want to play with NTP.

Sorry for the burden ...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,