directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Mitosis
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:22:38 GMT
> That's actually a huge shame (I'm using the 1.5.5 snapshots). It's going to
> be very difficult for me to justify ApacheDS in our project,
> as it will be embedded in a server cluster, so replication is fairly
> critical, and it looks like we will have to do manually...(eeeeek)

Don't even think about doing it manually ! It's way to complex. We are
currently implementing RFC 4533 in order to get replication working.
It will work the same way OpenLDAP syncrepl does, and we also hope
that ADS will be able to replicate with OpenLDAP. Currently we have
the controls implemented, the server to server communication is being
implemented atm, and we will have to do the conflict resolution then.

I don't know exactly how long it will take, but the target is to have
it done asap.Nothing is more urgent than this feature for us !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,