directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: install X11
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:01:17 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Michael Parmeley <mjparmeley@west.com> wrote:
> Can ApacheDS 1.0 be installed on a linux box that doesn't have X11? I
> find this requirement odd as surely the most common use case for
> installing the server is installing it on a backend server that neither
> has nor needs any GUI access. (like a blade server sitting in a data
> center somewhere)

Two things :
1) We engage you to install the 1.5.4 version, as it's way better than
1.0.2. It has a command line installer too.
2) The 1.0.2 has a RPM installer, which should be what you need. If
you are on a debian based Linux, you may want to use alien to convert
it to a deb packet.
3) In any case, you still can install it on a server having a X11
interface, and then copy the installed files on your server (a bit
paifull, but it works).

Hope it helps

--
Regards,