directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Adding a security principal in an embedded context
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:59:21 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Yiannis Mavroukakis
<imavroukakis@gameaccount.com> wrote:

> Hello again :-)
>
> There might be a blindingly obvious answer to my question, but I'm having a
> major senior moment and I can't see it myself..In an embedded configuration,
> how does
> one go about adding a user as the security principal? Is it a matter of
> creating a cn with the details on startup or is there something a little
> more involved here?

The way it works is that you just have to define a user with a
userPassword attribute set. Then the Bind operation will use this user
DN to lookup into the entry, check that the passwords are equals, and
grant you access to the data.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,