directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio and Sun DS
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:37:43 GMT
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Philip Peake <philip@vogon.net> wrote:
> A possible clue from a Sun directory engineer:
>
> He thinks that ADS may use schema information to correctly display and
> format changed entries. The schema for cn=config is private, so ADS may
> not allow editing.
>
> If this is the case, the question then really becomes is it possible to
> turn off the schema checking within ADS for specific suffixes?

We were discussing about this with Pierre-Arnaud. If the schema is not
known by Studio, then it will consider all the unknown AT as
operational attributes, hence immutable.

At this point, I would suggest that you fill a JIRA about this. Stefan
may confirm that we have made a choice regarding unknown AT to
consider them Operational, but we may add a configurable flag in
'preference' to disable this "feature". It should not be complicated
to implement.

Stefan ?

--
Regards,