directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to bind and search binary data in Apache DS?
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:40:11 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Sudheer Kumar wrote:
>> Hi, I am new to LDAP and Apache DS.  Kindly help me solve my problem.
>>
>> I have an attribute with binary (m-syntax:
>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.5) as
>> its type.  This attribute is  added as an attribute to an Object
>> class.  I
>> tried to bind a String value (xml) to it.
> It can't work. Your attribute is binary, there are no conversion done on
> the client side.

As you are using JNDI you need to specify your attribute as binary.
Either use the ;binary option or put your attribute to the
"java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary" environment property. See [1] for
more information.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/misc/attrs.html