directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Weird issue with DIRSERVER-1285
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:22:23 GMT
Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:
> Just want to confirmed this is closed major PEBKAC on my behalf, a
> million thanks to Emmanuel for finding out what this was...

Just for the record, the problem was that when restarting the service on
an embedded server, it's mandatory to load the partitions. The reason is
that the server will look for those partitions on the disk from their
name, and not the opposite.

That's for an embedded server.

In Yiannis case, he didn't do that, thus the partition where the user
was stored wasn't loaded, leading to an error during the authentication.

It could have been easier to find the problem if the BindHandler has
thrown the correct error message, instead of a cryptic Referral Error. I
have fixed this in the trunk.

So thanks Yiannis, such problems help to get the server better !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org