directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Weird issue with DIRSERVER-1285
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:24:18 GMT
Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:
> Hmm ok I'm getting confused :-P (doesn't take much!!)
>
> The scenario is this.
> I start the server, create a partition, relevant context and the
> security principal, everything works fine, I can authenticate to
> ApacheDS.
> I shutdown the server, start it up again, obviously this time all the
> data is read from disk, I get LDAP: error code 49 - Bind principalDn
> points to referral. I cannot connect with neither JBoss name binding
> nor apache studio.
>
> So it seems logical(?) to me like there's something odd going on once
> the data is re-read from disk.

Thanks for having sumarize the problem... I think we were heading to the
wrong direction.

Sounds to me like you might have a pb writing data on disk. The server
will cache everything when started, to speed up things. So the first
time, when you initialize everything, it's up in memory, so no pb. When
you shutdown the server, and restart it, then you are reading back from
disk. Ok, a few more tests :
- after a restart, can you connect to the server with studio using the
uid=admin user ?
- if so, can you read the added entries ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org