directory-users mailing list archives

From David R Robison <drrobi...@openroadsconsulting.com>
Subject Problems setting up ApacheDS 1.5.4 as a Kerberos Server
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:13:11 GMT
I'm trying to setup ApacheDS 1.5.4 as a Kerberos server with little success.

In the server.xml file, I have uncommented the following lines and
changed the ip port to 88:
  <kdcServer ipPort="88">
    <directoryService>#directoryService</directoryService>
    <datagramAcceptor>#datagramAcceptor</datagramAcceptor>
    <socketAcceptor>#socketAcceptor</socketAcceptor>
  </kdcServer>

I then added the following entries into the ldap:
dn: uid=krbtgt,ou=users,dc=orci,dc=com
objectclass: person
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: krb5Principal
objectclass: krb5KDCEntry
objectclass: top
cn: KDC Service
sn: Service
uid: krbtgt
userpassword: randomKey
krb5KeyVersionNumber: 1
krb5PrincipalName: krbtgt/ORCI.COM@ORCI.COM

When I start the ApacheDS server, I then run a "netstat -ano" to look
for port 88, but it is no where to be found. I also do not see any error
messages displayed in the ApacheDS log file. Am I missing something?
Thanks, David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.