directory-users mailing list archives

From Yiannis Mavroukakis <imavrouka...@gameaccount.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Poor man's cluster interceptor
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:55:31 GMT
Hello all :-)

This is off the back of my previous questions about clustering..

I've managed to setup a poor man's cluster on our Jboss servers cluster
using message queues. I can get messages passed to the JBoss instance but
I'm having a few issues..
I initially tried to send the entire AddOperationContext obect but I got
defeated when it refused to serialize :)
I then though I'd break it down to its constituent parts, stuff them in
a map and send them off..that worked partially and I am unsure as to
which structures
I can use in order to be able to recreate the entry on the participating
ldap clusters

This is what I do at the moment

 Map<String , byte[ ]> attributes = new HashMap( );
ServerEntry entry = addContext.getEntry( );
        if( ( entry.get( SchemaConstants.USER_PASSWORD_AT ) != null ) )
        {
            for( AttributeType attr : entry.getAttributeTypes( ) )
            {
                EntryAttribute entryAttr = entry.get( attr );
                if ( entryAttr.get( ).isBinary( ) )
                {
                    attributes.put( attr.getName( ) ,
entryAttr.getBytes( ) );
                }
                else
                {
                    attributes.put( attr.getName( ) ,
StringTools.getBytesUtf8( entryAttr.getString( ) ) );
                }

            }
[send to cluster after this]

Am I missing something? Do I need to add more/less to the Map?

Thank you!