directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Large character attributes
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:29:18 GMT
Hi,

right now, they are temporarily cached, but the entries are stored on the disk.

We have rewrote the API to manage binary and string values, with some
extension points for streamed values (both binary and string), but
this has not been implemented yet.

Now, depending on what you do, you can still manage big values. It's
just a matter of limitating the number of entries you cache (this is
configurable), and to avoid indexing those attributes.

You also have to augment the JVM dedicated memory.

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,