directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Apache Studio ldif export
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:05:28 GMT
Hi Stefan,

I confirm I was using the "subtree" scope.

Emmanuel suspects the embedded Apache DS to not deliver the search results
in the correct hierarchical order.

As far as I remember in the LDIF export job, we're iterating on each result
given by the server through a NamingEnumeration (then converted as an
LdifEnumeration, or something like that...).

Now, the question is, Is it Apache DS' duty to deliver the search results in
the correct hierarchical order, or is it more up to the client (Studio) to
reorder the results afterwards.
I don't know what the RFCs specify for that.

Regards,
P-A