directory-users mailing list archives

From Chris Trobridge <chris.trobri...@aepnetworks.com>
Subject Re: Is TelephoneNumberMatch - 2.5.13.20 broken?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:12:16 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> There must be something wrong somwhere else. The syntaxChecker works
> well with all the phone number you gave (I checked).
>
> I will investigate tonite..

I may have missed something but I think you may be at cross-purposes.

My impression is that Cheong isn't saying that the numbers are failing
the syntax check.

He wants to be able to get telephone number matches without having to
match the value stored in LDAP character by character.

He wants to be able to store the number "1 801 555 1212" in LDAP and
have it be matched by "1-801-555-1212" or "18015551212".

This is an issue to do with matching telephone numbers rather than the
regexp for accepting the numbers as valid at all.

Regards
Chris