directory-users mailing list archives

From Cheong Chung Onn <chung...@greenfossil.com>
Subject Is TelephoneNumberMatch - 2.5.13.20 broken?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 03:54:28 GMT
Hi,

Is telephoneNumber match broken? If I would to search for a telephone
number say telephoneNumber=1-801-555-1212, would this search yield a
match if the entry's telephoneNumber is 1 801 555 1212?

I have tested it in the SevenSeas example,  using the entry
cn=JSmith,ou=people,o=sevenSeas.  Searching for a telephoneNumber
1-801-555-1212 would yield false. Match will only be true, if the number
is exactly the same as what is registered in the entry. Is this an
expected behavior or is it broken?

There is a Jira closed with a test case in place on a similar issue

Regards
chung-onn