directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Studio ldif export
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:38:05 GMT
Cheong Chung Onn wrote:
> Both ApacheDS and Studio are awesome products, they have help us a lot
> in speeding up our development. However we found some hidden features
> or kinks in them which I would be posting to the forum for clarifications
Hidden features ? You mean, bugs ? :) We are very interested in any
informations or bug reports, feel free to fill JIRAs !

>> You could also fix it by providing indices to your partition. It
>> would be
>> better than having to re-order the exported LDIF afterwards.
>> But, your proposal for a re-order command is a good idea. You should
>> propose
>> this as a Jira.
>> Maybe we can find some time to implement it.
>>
> I thought the quickest and easiest way to work around this issue is to
> put a note in the wiki to forewarn the user of this peculiarity. It
> then become the onus of the user to add the indicies to the partition.
> The reason i didn't add the indices is because i only wanted add a
> couple of attributes to a few entries and i thought the easiest way
> was to create an embedded Server and  import the schema and data ldif
> then modify and export.
Yes, I think it's a good way to avoid problems like the one you had.
However, I also think that ADS _should_ index ObjectClass automatically.
We already index many other internal things, and I see no reason not to
index ObjectClass.

Thanks Chungonn !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny