directory-users mailing list archives

From Cheong Chung Onn <chung...@greenfossil.com>
Subject Re: Apache Studio ldif export
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 01:04:57 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

My reply is in-line.
> It's really nice to hear that. Looks like the couple Apache Directory Server
> and Apache Directory Studio is doing a great job in your development
> environement. Do not hesitate to give us feedback on how we can improve
> both.

Both ApacheDS and Studio are awesome products, they have help us a lot
in speeding up our development. However we found some hidden features or
kinks in them which I would be posting to the forum for clarifications
> You could also fix it by providing indices to your partition. It would be
> better than having to re-order the exported LDIF afterwards.
> But, your proposal for a re-order command is a good idea. You should propose
> this as a Jira.
> Maybe we can find some time to implement it.

I thought the quickest and easiest way to work around this issue is to
put a note in the wiki to forewarn the user of this peculiarity. It then
become the onus of the user to add the indicies to the partition. The
reason i didn't add the indices is because i only wanted add a couple of
attributes to a few entries and i thought the easiest way was to create
an embedded Server and  import the schema and data ldif then modify and
export.

Regards
chungonn