directory-users mailing list archives

From Cheong Chung Onn <chung...@greenfossil.com>
Subject Re: Apache Studio ldif export
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 02:05:24 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

Yes, I created a new partition without any index attributes. I too am
lazy.. :)

Here's  my  2 cents worth about -  should Client or Server side do the
ordering.

1. If the Studio or Client side would to do the  ordering, that would
mean all clients must implement the same piece of logic over and over
again. That may cause future support issues.

2. If the Server side do the ordering then what happen if Studio is used
against other Ldap Servers that does not order an exported entries?

For me now, it does not matter whether  Client or Server do the
ordering, because the only tool i now use  for Ldap development is
Apache DS and Studio and sometimes OpenLdap to confirm my  development
works on it too.

Actually, we fixed the problem by reordering the ldif entries ourselves
manually. I thought it would be cool if Studio Ldif Editor has a feature
to re-order the ldif hierarchy.