directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with ContextEntry of server.xml for custom partition
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:54:25 GMT
Java Guy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone could help me in putting in the correct values for ContextEntry
of a custom partition in server.xml.

> I've recently inherited a very creaky, legacy app that used openldap.  Unfortunately
the hardware at my disposal is only windows and the openldap win32 version we tried to use
has a max of 64 concurrent connections -- hence my trials w/ apacheds(also have a side project
to try to compile w/ cygwin).   I'm fairly new to LDAP and after a couple of days, I'm at
a bit of a loss.

> So here's what I've done + other facts:
> 1.  I'm using Apacheds 1.0.2, only b/c the documentation is much better.

:/ ADS 1.5.4 is way better, even if the doco sucks...
> 2.  There is a custom schema, and I've managed to generate code for a custom schema,
package the jar and drop it into apacheds/lib/ext folder.  I've also enabled the schema in
server.xml

Injecting a schema in 1.5.4, using Apache Studio, is also much simpler
than compiling it (the 1.0 way)
> 3.  A point to note; the schema isn't VALID in that I have to disable schema checking

Ok, at this point, providing the schema would help.
> 4.  I can start apacheds after all this w/ no problems or stacktraces.  I've changed
log4j.properties to log on INFO
> 5.  My problem is that I can't load an .ldif that is a dump of openldap.  I am guessing
that my ContextEntry is wrong...I've been tweaking forever to try to match my root element,
but I'd appreciate any help

I guess that your context entry is :

        <property name="contextEntry">
            <value>
                objectClass: top
                objectClass: organization
                objectClass: extensibleObject
                objectClass: javaContainer
                objectClass: organizationalRole
                dc: localnet
            </value>
        </property>

First, 'organization' OC has one mandatory attributeType : 'o' (or
'organization'). It must be present in the context entry. Second, you
have more than one Structural OC in your entry, and this is not allowed
(you can only do that if they inherit from each other, for instance,
person -> organizationalPerson, inetorgPerson).

Fix your context entry and just pick one of those OC, 'domain' could be ok :

        <property name="contextEntry">
            <value>
                objectClass: top
                objectClass: domain
                dc: localnet
            </value>
        </property>

> I've attached:
> - server.xml (note that the new partition is called "localPartitionConfiguration")
> - ldif
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated!

Hope it helps ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com