directory-users mailing list archives

From "Aleksander Adamowski" <aleksander.adamow...@olo.org.pl>
Subject Loading a "changetype: modify" LDIF programatically?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:30:42 GMT
Hi!

I've just discovered that the
org.apache.directory.server.core.integ.IntegrationUtils.injectEntries(DirectoryService,
String) method supports only adding new entries from LDIF.

If I try to feed it a "changetype: modify" LDIF, instead of expected
modifications to existing directory entries, I get a
NullPointerException in
org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerEntry.<init>(DefaultServerEntry.java:256)
- it seems that the LDIF is parsed with an assumption that it relates
to a fresh new entry and it's not initialized correctly when it's a
modification LDIF.

Is there a way to programatically feed a modification LDIF to an
Apache DS service?

--
Best Regards,
  Aleksander Adamowski