directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Ldaps With Apacheds 1.5.5
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:39:19 GMT
Michael Ibbeken wrote:
> We had the same problem and worked around it by
> using our own ldapserver class to set up the certificates
> the way we need them and use them for ssl configuration.
>
> Overwriting the keys for uid=admin,ou=system did not work out
> as expected so that we had to use our own ldapserver class.

I think we have to modify the way the server is initialized. Allowing
the server to use an external keystore should be possible. I will try to
modify the server in order to add such a configuration possible.
Hopefully, this will be added to the upcoming 1.5.5 version.

Btw, any info about the modifications you made the LdapServer class
would help me, as I'm not really a Java Security guru :/

Thanlks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com