directory-users mailing list archives

From Harakiri <harakiri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using Ldaps With Apacheds 1.5.5
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:10:12 GMT

--- On Thu, 12/18/08, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Using Ldaps With Apacheds 1.5.5
> To: users@directory.apache.org
> Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 8:39 AM
> Michael Ibbeken wrote:
> > We had the same problem and worked around it by
> > using our own ldapserver class to set up the
> certificates
> > the way we need them and use them for ssl
> configuration.
> >
> > Overwriting the keys for uid=admin,ou=system did not
> work out
> > as expected so that we had to use our own ldapserver
> class.
> >
> I think we have to modify the way the server is
> initialized. Allowing the server to use an external keystore
> should be possible. I will try to modify the server in order
> to add such a configuration possible. Hopefully, this will
> be added to the upcoming 1.5.5 version.

I already submitted a ticket regarding that earlier this year, so this request is nothing
new

"there should be an option for admins to simply change the SSL key to a valid/trusted one
- in 1.52 the only way i found so far
for modifying the SSL key is programatically this way "

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1164?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel