directory-users mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject [ApacheDS] custom partition for 1.5?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:48:04 GMT
Hello.

I am a ApacheDS-newbie wanting to expose my current non-ldap user
database via ldap using ApacheDS. It looks like I should make a custom
partition. Does anyone have a good example on how to get started with
this?

I found this example, but it does not look to be updated for the
latest ApacheDS.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/sandbox/akarasulu/custom-partition/src/main/java/foo/bar/CustomPartition.java?view=log

The following jira task is registered to update this documentation
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR-237

As a start, I have extended AbstractPartition and are now trying to
figure out good responses to getSuffix() getSuffixDn() and
getUpSuffixDn().

Regards,
  - Tore.