directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] custom partition for 1.5?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:56:37 GMT
Using ADS with a DB backend was published here:
http://dsorapart.sourceforge.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: Tore Halset [mailto:halset@pvv.ntnu.no]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:48 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: [ApacheDS] custom partition for 1.5?

Hello.

I am a ApacheDS-newbie wanting to expose my current non-ldap user
database via ldap using ApacheDS. It looks like I should make a custom
partition. Does anyone have a good example on how to get started with
this?

I found this example, but it does not look to be updated for the
latest ApacheDS.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/sandbox/akarasulu/custom-partitio
n/src/main/java/foo/bar/CustomPartition.java?view=log

The following jira task is registered to update this documentation
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR-237

As a start, I have extended AbstractPartition and are now trying to
figure out good responses to getSuffix() getSuffixDn() and
getUpSuffixDn().

Regards,
  - Tore.