directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems Indexing
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:47:12 GMT
Ben_Black@amway.com wrote:
> Hi,

> I seem to be having problems with the performance of my LDAP repository.
> This is my first play with LDAP, so please excuse my complete "novicedom".
> I'm hoping either you can help me or point me out the way to find help...
> I don't seem to be getting the information I need on the apacheDS site (or
> google for that matter)....
>

> I am running ApacheDS 1.5.0.
You should switch to 1.5.4. 1.5.0 is pretty old and buggy ...
> I have created a schema/heirarchy using the
> attached LDIF files. I have an application which is inserting the
> "PAMUser" class, and this works successfully many times. However after
> adding just a few thousand entries the performance slows down to being
> unusable. I need to be able to add the order of hundreds of thousands of
> entries.

That should not be a problem.
> Obvious solution (to me anyway) is to add an index. I have attempted to
> add an index in my server.xml by doing the following:

<snip/>
The 'userName' is not a default attributyeType. Only attributeType can
be indexed. However, you should not get a NPE, so I suggest you check if
you still get a NPE with 1.5.4, and if so, fill a JIRA.

If you have created a specific schema, it would be usefull to tell us
how you created it, and to give us its content.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com