directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] custom partition for 1.5?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:33:29 GMT
Hi Tore,

Tore Halset wrote:
>> It is a readonly partition which publishes the system properties and
>> their values via ldap.
>>
>> As I said, I currently work on it. Filters and sub tree searches
>> currently do not work correctly (the filter is ignored, for instance).
>> But at least it starts and shows up nicely in Studio.
>>
>> I hope it helps you to start with.
>
> Thanks! It was a great start and I am now up and running with a very
> basic ldap server serving my own users.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to here, that it is already helpful
(although work in progress).

Please note that I currently try to improve it. Due to the fact, that
the SysProp example does not handle all search parameters correctly,
there is some work to do. But it will become a little bit more complex
than. I have therefore created an even simpler example to start with, a
real "Hello World".

I have started to document it here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Draft+-+How+to+write+a+simple+custom+partition+for+ApacheDS

My plan is to have this "Hello World" as a starting point, and the
"System Properties" as a little more realistic one as examples in the
documentation.

Still, every feedback is valuable for me.

Greetings from Dresden,
      Stefan