directory-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel T. Bender" <dan...@invis-server.org>
Subject how to enable NTP properly?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:40:42 GMT
Hi!

I just started setting up ApacheDS and the directory service is working
fine. But everything else is giving me a headache ... NTP, KDC just
won't start alogn with the DS.

>From server.xml:

 <kdcServer ipPort="88" enabled="true">
    <directoryService>#directoryService</directoryService>
    <datagramAcceptor>#datagramAcceptor</datagramAcceptor>
    <socketAcceptor>#socketAcceptor</socketAcceptor>
  </kdcServer>

  <ntpServer ipPort="123" enabled="true">
    <datagramAcceptor>#datagramAcceptor</datagramAcceptor>
    <socketAcceptor>#socketAcceptor</socketAcceptor>
  </ntpServer>

I added the enabled="true" attribute although simply uncommenting should
ne enough.
But both services wont come up. with no messages in the logfile. Is
there another option I have overlooked? The documentation on the website
is not a big help :(

I am using 1.5.4 on OpenSuSE 11.0

thnx in advance,
daniel