directory-users mailing list archives

From Syte Beimin <sbei...@betterbe.com>
Subject Adding Custom Schemas
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:17:12 GMT
Hello,

For the past 2 days I've been trying to setup Apache DS v1.0 for use in
a couple of automated tests. For this it's needed to have a couple of
schema's loaded.
However I can't get it to work in any way whatsoever. I've tried to
follow the guide at:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html
But it fails me almost from the start.
Here's what I did:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/1.0.2/schema-archetype/
cd schema-archetype
mvn install

the maven build fails with:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin' from the repository:
Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is
not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:pom:2.4-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
  snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin

Hence I can't user the apacheds-schema-archetype.sh to create a Maven
Project for generating the java files for the schema's.

Next I tried to copy the maven structure that was provided in the
schema-archetype module and set the ${} values in the pom.xml
In my effort to get that thing to build I had to include

<plugin>
	<version>2.0.2</version>
	<configuration>
		<source>1.5</source>
		<target>1.5</target>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

in the pom.xml.

running 'mvn package' did generate a couple of .java files but the build failed again after
that. This time with the following error:
/home/<username>/myschema/target/generated-sources/com/myschema/SambaSchema.java:[7,0]
package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

/home/<username>/myschema/target/generated-sources/com/myschema/SambaSchema.java:[11,33]
cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapSchema
public class SambaSchema extends AbstractBootstrapSchema

I'm using:
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.5.0_14
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.23.17-88.fc7" arch: "amd64"
svn, version 1.4.4 (r25188)

I would love to start using Apache DS. But untill this whole schema business starts to work
I can forget it.

Would love any help any of you could give me.

Best regards,

Syte Beimin