directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tanja Ertl" <Tanja_E...@avid.com>
Subject RE: parallel binds
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:45:12 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

My client fails already with 75 requests, I don't think that this is overwhelmed compared
to 900 requests from 9 different machines.
How did your client setup look like? If I introduce a delay of 5 ms between the Threads startup,
all seems to work fine. The problem seems to be that the request arrive all exactly at the
same time.

Bye,
Tanja

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Montag, 20. Oktober 2008 12:30
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: parallel binds

Tanja Ertl wrote:
> No, I didn't. I just tried from one machine 75 requests in parallel.
> I could try, but I don't see how that would change the situation. Are there any restrictions
that only x connections per host are allowed?
no. Asd I said, we have tested the server to absorb something like 900
request in //. So maybe your client (with 100 threads) is a bit overwhelmed.

Btw, there is a parameter on the server to set the number of threads
handling incoming requests :
  <standardThreadPool id="standardThreadPool" maxThreads="8"/>

You can change this number. (the more processor you have on your server,
the higher the number of thread you can use).

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org