directory-users mailing list archives

From "DJP JEAN-PROST Dominique" <Dominique.JEAN-PR...@dexia-sofaxis.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] storing password policy
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:27:34 GMT
Hello,

I'm evaluating apache directory to migrate from ibm directory server, which is very heavy
to a more lightweight server.

In Ibm's server, I can configure the default encryption algo which must be used when storing
password, so that if a user change the userPassword value :
- sending a clear password : it's automatically encoded in SHA by the server, and then stored
in SHA
- sending a SHA encoded password : stored as is
- sending a whatever encoded password : stored as is.

How can I setup apache directory (1.5.4) so that it runs this way ?
Best regards,
Dom
Consultez nos nouveaux sites internet :
http://www.dexia-sofaxis.com
http://www.dexia-sofcap-sofcah.com

Tous ensemble pour l’environnement : n’imprimer ce courriel que si nécessaire.

Dexia Sofaxis disclaimer : http://www.dexia-sofaxis.com/disclaimer.html