directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Dobmeier" <martin.dobme...@googlemail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Tomcat does not shutdown with embedded ApacheDS 1.5.4
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:49:02 GMT
Hi all,

thanks to the work by Stefan on updating the documentation for how to embed
ApacheDS 1.5.4 in a web application I was able to get it running in an
instant. But all the Tomcat versions (namely 5.5.27 and 6.0.18) I've
deployed the .war to did not shutdown correctly after connecting to the
embedded LDAP (via the Studio Eclipse plugin for example). Tomcat 5 tells me
that it "Failed Shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime", Tomcat 6 issues no
error but is stuck. By the way, I tried the same thing with ApacheDS 1.0.2
with the same results. Has anybody experienced similar problems?

Thanks, Martin