directory-users mailing list archives

From "B G" <fitz...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApcheDS] Mitosis issues
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:03:45 GMT
I am using 1.5.4 version of the mitosis replication module and have found a
couple issues which makes me wonder if this module is being used at all
and/or tested.

The first issue I found is that with the replication interceptor in the
chain one cannot even bind to the uid=admin, ou=system context. I was able
to fix this by altering the ReplicationInterceptor.lookup method which
always turns a request for all attributes (by not specifying any in the
LookupOperationContext) to one which only returns the entryDeleted
attribute. This of course will never work and it is clear that the code is
incorrectly using a null value for LookupOperationContext.getAttrsId() as a
flag to indicate if all attributes are requested which will never be the
case because the member variable in LookupOperationContext is always
initialized to an empty list. The fix here is easy as it should be using the
case of LookupOperationContext.getAttrsId() being empty as the correct flag
to key off.

The second issue I found is that a modify operation will never work with the
ReplicationInterceptor in the chain because the
Operationfacotry.addDefaultOperations method has a typo which pairs
Contstants.ENTRY_DELETED upId with the Constants.ENTRY_CSN attributeType
when creating a ServerAttribute which will always fail. Again this is an
easy fix.

I am a bit concerned because both these issues are so fundamental and will
always create errors is very very base cases that I am wondering if there is
something fundamental I am missing or perhaps this module does not have any
visability? I am able to work around the issues by modifying the code
myself, but thought it was worth bringing up.

Thanks