directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ScopeEvaluator NPE by simultaneous search & unbind
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:56:42 GMT
Li Chuan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> besides the last PDU question, I also noticed ScopeEvaluator gives NPE by
> simultaneous search & unbind operations, e.g. when searching for entries of
> a particular object class and removing them at the same moment. This happens
> not all the time, but it does. So did anyone of you also notice it and what
> the root cause for that? Thanks for your reply!

Hmmm, yes, you may be right. The Unbind Operation should take care of
other requests being processed, and I'm afraind that it may not be the case.

Do you get this result with 1.5.4 ? If this is the case, could you fill
a JIRA ? A stack trace could also help (at least, we could fix the NPE)

Thanks !

FYI, I'm also afraid that you may get the same problem with the Abandon
request, and when deleting an entry while doing a long search, in some
very special circonstances.
> Regards,
>   Chuan

cordialement, regards,