directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Warning "PDU has been fully decoded but there are still bytes in the buffer"
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:38:16 GMT
Li Chuan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to ask, I noticed that the 1.5.3 server sometimes warns about "PDU
> has been fully decoded but there are still bytes in the buffer" by the
> Asn1Decoder class. I guess the author had attempted to address the issue but
> left it open. Could someone share his knowledge about the background? Thank
> you very much!

Are you in DEBUG mode when you get this message ?

In any case, this is just to inform that when we receive some bytes,
they can contain more than one PDU. When the first PDU has been decoded,
the decoder says that there are more bytes to read.

I would like to get a bit more of context, in order to tell you if it's
a bug (likely not) or simply a message you receive at the wrong log
level (warning instead of debug).

Thanks !
> Regards,
>   Chuan