directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject "Embedding ApacheDS as a Web Application" revisited for 1.5.4
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:46:12 GMT
Hi all,

after some valid complaints on this list about its outdated state I have
updated the following documentation page
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
in order to reflect the changes in 1.5.4.

Fo those of you you don't know the little article: It is a simple
example on how to embed ApacheDS in a Java application.

Main difference: Creating, starting and stopping the server is easier
now and feels more natural for me, because the directory service, the
LDAP protocol adapter, which were always simply JavaBeans components,
are now used as such. No JNDI configuration wizardry needed to act with
the server.

Feel free to provide feedback, streamline the English phrases (this !=
nativeSpeaker) in the wiki etc.

I hope the example is now helpful again,
     Greetings from Hamburg,
         Stefan