directory-users mailing list archives

From "Jain, Prateek" <Prateek.J...@premiereglobal.com>
Subject RE: version 1.6
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:40:14 GMT

Hi Arnaud,

  My issue is, I need to make choice about the LDAP solution for our Single sign on project.
Features like "Dynamic configuration", "replication", "synchronizing with other databases
like mysql" etc. which most of other implementations provide and are not present in current
release of DS.
Being apache fan, I am just trying if I can fit it somewhere :-] . I will have to select openLDAP
otherwise.

Regards,
Prateek

-----Original Message-----
From: pajbam@gmail.com [mailto:pajbam@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:59 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: version 1.6

Hi Prateek,

Apache DS 1.5.4 has been released 5 days ago.

We have an internal developer roadmap that you may be interested in.
It's available here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/2.0+Roadmap

The key thing with Apache DS version numbering scheme is not the usual X.Y.Z
where increasing:

   - X means a complete rewrite of a part of the software + new features
   introduction
   - Y means new features introduction
   - Z means bug fixes only

In Apache DS, the Z part of the version also means new features
introduction.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud