directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up new partitions
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:27:24 GMT

hi Pierre,

    I assume that you are using 1.5.4 ( the latest version)

   In the conf/server.xml (present in your server instance ex.
/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.4/default ) add the below
   content in the <partitions> element.

  <jdbmPartition id="sales" cacheSize="100" suffix="ou=sales"
optimizerEnabled="true"
                     syncOnWrite="true">
        <indexedAttributes>
        </indexedAttributes>
  </jdbmPartition>

  Then (re)start your server and import the below ldif content after
connecting to the server

   dn: ou=sales
   objectClass: top
   objectClass: organizationalUnit
   ou: sales

   Then the new partition should be visible to the client (e.x Apache
Directory Studio http://directory.apache.org/studio/ )

Attaching the server.xml and ldif files.

HTH
Kiran Ayyagari

--
Kiran Ayyagari