directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weird caching behavior?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:49:01 GMT
Rich Remington wrote:
> Okay, for those who are on the edge of their seats waiting to find out
> the answer whether an upgrade fixed the issue I was experiencing...
> The answer is a definite yes - for now!  We still need to test some
> more scenarios, but this still begs the question as to why I was
> seeing this behavior in version 1.0.2.  At least I am able to move
> ahead, now.
>
> And, to answer your question below about binding with the new password
> using Studio: No, I was not able to bind with the new password using
> Studio or the webapp - even though I can see the new password value
> (for the user whose password was changed) when logged in as the admin
> user, so it appears this is an issue inside the (version 1.0.2) LDAP
> server.

Thanks for having spent some time to switch, and to test it. It sounds
like a real bug in 1.0.2. However, I don't think we will fix it, as we
consider the 1.0 branch almost dead : we have put so much energy in 1.5
that spending time fixing 1.0 would be like trying to heal a dead man ...

Thanks for your patience !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com