directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weird caching behavior?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:23:02 GMT
Rich Remington wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback!  It appears that I need to try the upgrade as
> I do have the synchOnWrite=true already.  Where can I find 1.5.4 today?
You can't, as the mirror are just being updated, and it takes time. As
soon as the mirrors will be ok, we will update the download pages.

However, you can build the installer for your platform from the code  :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/building-trunks.html#Buildingtrunks-Buildingtheinstallers

> Also, I am still confused about the scenario I am experiencing.  The
> webapp is the one responsible for making the password change, which is
> then seen by the Studio app right afterward.
The webapp will transmit the new password to the LDAP server, which is
responsible for the password storage. And the LDAP server 'sees' the
password, as you can check it with Studio.
> So, if the cache has the change, it seems that the cache should be
> used for future bind requests by either the webapp or Studio.
The cache will be used, that's for sure.
> It really shouldn't matter if it has hit the disk yet, should it?
It does, because if the password is just in the cache, and not on the
disk, when you shutdown the webapp (thus the LdapServer), the password
just disappear...

Are you embedding the server in your webapp, btw ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org