directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weird caching behavior?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:29:56 GMT
Rich Remington wrote:
> I am running Mac OSX.  The file system write issue does not make sense
> to me if I can see the change has occurred using Apache Dir Studio
> before the reboot.
The problem is that you are still hitting the cache :) So it does not
prove anything ...
>   I *could* try the upgrade to 1.5.3, but *should* I?  How stable is
> that version compared to 1.5.3?
We are just releasing 1.5.4 today (the announcement is not yet done, but
will be tomorrow). So, yes, you *should*, becuase 1.5.x is way better
than 1.0.x.

> Just a thought... if the webapp (Spring Security) pools the connection
> and keeps it alive with the old password, could that explain the
> scenario?
Hmmmm. I don't know... If you stop the server, start it again, and you
don't see the password using Studio, then that mean the password has not
been saved on disk.
> I am not positive that a new bind request is actually flowing to
> Apache DS - can I see all bind attempts in the log file?
You have to set the logs to the correct level to get such an information.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org