directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weird caching behavior?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:11:26 GMT
Rich Remington wrote:
> I am curious is there is an article/example that describes how to deal
> with the following scenario:
>
>   1. User logs into webapp that uses Spring Security (v2.0.3) backed by
>      Apache DS 1.0.2.
>   2. Webapp (via an ESB service) changes password in LDAP
>        - using Apache Dir Studio (v1.1.0), I can see the password has
>      changed in the directory
>   3. After a logout from webapp, a quick attempt to login with new
>      password fails, but using the old password works.
>
> It turns out that I need to reboot Apache DS to affect the password
> change in the webapp.  A reboot of the webapp after step 3 has no affect.
You have to check that the files handling the data are written on disk.
You may have pb with your file system writes. Otherwise, there is a
cache, yes, but you can tell the server to sync on write (there is a
flag in the partition configuration : <property name="synchOnWrite"
value="true" />).

It may also be a bug in ADS 1.0.2...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny