directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom authenticator - server.xml (v 1.5.3)
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:12:31 GMT
Thomas.Frankewitsch@ukmuenster.de wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi,
> in Feb. 2007 Tim Quinn asked for the syntax used in server.xml to integrate a custom
authenticator, but he referred to v1.01.
> In former time apacheds.conf was used, but I wasn't able to g**gle an adaequate solution
for the current version within the last 2 weeks.

> Even in digging in the source code of v.1.5.4 there was no hint...
>
> Background: We use in our department a directory service, which was "self made" and which
does not support LDAP. Integrating a custom authenticator might be the solution to teach our
ancient service standard behavour.

Currently, you will have to add some code in the server to support your
custom authentication. And you will have to inject this code in the
server. It's not _yet_ plugable, but will be soon.

The place to look at is the protocol-ldap subproject, where you have a
BindHandler with 5 different authenticator mechanisms, out of which the
NTLM ones may be the closest implementation to what you want to do.

Hope it helps ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com