directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NTLM Authentication
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:33:49 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Graeme Lunt <graeme@lunt.uk.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I note that ApacheDS 1.5.3 now supports NTLM authentication:
>
> "This version is mainly a bug fix version, which also bring some new
> installers (for Solaris and tar.gz installers), more performance, and
> NTLM authentication (some external package must be downloaded)."
>
> The source code states that it requires "an NTLM mechanism provider which
> could
> be implemented using jCIFS or native Win32 system calls via a JNI wrapper".
>
> Can anybody tell me what the external packages are, and how to configure
> them?

You just have to write an NtlmProvider implementation class using the JCIFS
jar here:

    http://jcifs.samba.org/

It's rather easy to do since the NtlmProvider interface is trivial but
you'll have to grok jcifs.  Here's the interface you have to write an
implementation for:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/protocol-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/bind/ntlm/NtlmProvider.java

Alex