directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ntlm gateway
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:04:19 GMT
Hiya,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 5:37 PM, kevin creason <ckevinj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found docs on your site (using google) that suggest I can use 1.5 of the
> ADS to be an NTLM gateway.

Hmmm what's an NTLM gateway?  ADS is setup to be be able to authenticate
using NTLM if an NTLM provider is present.  I added this code for a specific
user who is using JCifs based NTLM provider to do the authentication using
SASL.

> But I cannot find configuration examples.
> Can someone help me?

There is a configuration example in the stock server.xml that shows you need
to setup your NtlmProvider class and set up various SASL mechanisms.  The
problem is you'll need to write your own NtlmProvider.  I could not include
the JCifs implementation with ADS because of licensing issues with using
LGPL.

Alex