directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject RE: Update to 1.5.3 from 1.5.1
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 17:52:31 GMT
When I started out I was trying to use the archive install because I had
1.5.1 installed already and running the windows installer for 1.5.3 over
the top of that install didn't work at all (noclassdef issues).

So, I have since cleaned up all of my old installs and now I have the
1.5.3 Windows install running.  It is still not picking up my custom
schema and I don't see any errors in the apacheds-rolling.log for my
instance or in the wrapper.log.  I am attaching my 1.5.3 config file in
case there is something in there I need to change to make it work.

Thanks
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: pajbam@gmail.com [mailto:pajbam@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 9:39 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update to 1.5.3 from 1.5.1

Hi Tony,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Tony Thompson
<Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com
> wrote:

> OK, I think I can reconfigure the 1.5.3 server.xml to match my
install.
>  But, it looks like a whole bunch of other stuff has changed.  The
> first thing is the my directory information was in instances/default.

> Now it appears that it doesn't use that directory structure at all
anymore.

It should have stayed the same. What is your OS and what kind of
installer did you choose to install ?

Maybe you've chosen the zip or tar.gz archive. These "installers" do not
share the same directory structure and don't allow to run multiple
instance but only one.

> In the 1.5.3 server.xml, I specified the workingDirectory attribute on

> the <defaultDirectoryService> tag but it looks like it only goes one
> directory deep.  If I specify workingDirectory="instances/defualt", it

> puts all the partition info directly into "instances".  If I copy my
> 1.5.1 partition data from instances/default/partitions to the 1.5.3
> install, it appears that all of my directory data is gone.  How do I
> get my 1.5.1 directory data into 1.5.3?

I suggest that you use Apache Directory Studio and extract all your data
in your partitions as LDIF. Then you can import them easily in 1.5.3.

Finally, I have a custom schema LDIF that I had in
instance/default/ldif.
>  Since the directory structure has completely changed, where do I put
> that LDIF so my custom schema will be added?

As I said, the directory structure as not changed so you should be able
to drop your custom schema in your instance ldif directory, unless
you've used the zip or tar.gz archives.
If yes, I suggest that you download the same installer you installed
1.5.1 with.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

may be monitored.