directory-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject WebApp Persistance on Unix
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:21:38 GMT
Hi,

I am using the apache-ds web app example from the advanced documentation section.

Running the ds and making changes to the ds on windows works fine.  When I have the application
running on linux the ds loads properly but any changes made only last until the tomcat server
is shutdown.  I've used ds studio, jxplorer and java api to make changes to the ds and I have
the same result.

My first thought was possible a working directory issue but since it loads the data in the
directory properly that doesn't seem like the issue.  My second thought was permissions but
the process is running as the same user who owns the files and the owner permissions for the
files are rw.  I have lots of diskspace.

Any thoughts?  I don't see any exceptions.

Fu-Tung