directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Update to 1.5.3 from 1.5.1
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:38:33 GMT
Hi Tony,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Tony Thompson <Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com
> wrote:

> OK, I think I can reconfigure the 1.5.3 server.xml to match my install.
>  But, it looks like a whole bunch of other stuff has changed.  The first
> thing is the my directory information was in instances/default.  Now it
> appears that it doesn't use that directory structure at all anymore.

It should have stayed the same. What is your OS and what kind of installer
did you choose to install ?

Maybe you've chosen the zip or tar.gz archive. These "installers" do not
share the same directory structure and don't allow to run multiple instance
but only one.

> In the 1.5.3 server.xml, I specified the workingDirectory attribute on the
> <defaultDirectoryService> tag but it looks like it only goes one directory
> deep.  If I specify workingDirectory="instances/defualt", it puts all the
> partition info directly into "instances".  If I copy my 1.5.1 partition data
> from instances/default/partitions to the 1.5.3 install, it appears that all
> of my directory data is gone.  How do I get my 1.5.1 directory data into
> 1.5.3?

I suggest that you use Apache Directory Studio and extract all your data in
your partitions as LDIF. Then you can import them easily in 1.5.3.

Finally, I have a custom schema LDIF that I had in instance/default/ldif.
>  Since the directory structure has completely changed, where do I put that
> LDIF so my custom schema will be added?

As I said, the directory structure as not changed so you should be able to
drop your custom schema in your instance ldif directory, unless you've used
the zip or tar.gz archives.
If yes, I suggest that you download the same installer you installed 1.5.1
with.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud