directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.2 underscore in attrib name problem
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:39:26 GMT
Hi Martin,

the good news: to fix your inital problem with the search dialog is very
easy to fix, I'll do it immediately :-)

The other problem that Oracle OID is not standard conform is another
story. In fact Studio fails to read the schema from OID. To fix this
would take much more time, we would need to write a separate schema
parser just for OID.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Martynas Brijunas wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> The fact that the DS is used in various environments is a testament to
> the versatility and quality of the code. Take any OS, plug DS into
> Eclipse and you have a first class LDAP browser. I would hate to give
> up DS just because I have to deal with OID. I simply have not found a
> better LDAP tool.
>
> The open source is famous for circumventing various obstacles imposed
> by commercial vendors - Oracle including.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin
>
> 2008/8/27 Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>:

>>> Underscores are not valid in an attributeType :
>>>
>>> attributetype = oid
>>> oid = descr / numericoid
>>> descr = keystring
>>> numericoid = number 1*( '.' number )
>>> keystring = leadkeychar *keychar
>>> leadkeychar = ALPHA