directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.2 underscore in attrib name problem
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:20:51 GMT
Martynas Brijunas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across a proble today and not sure if this is a feature, or a bug.
>
> I am using DS to connect to our Oracle OID server. Running a search,
> getting the results I expect to get. The problem starts when I want to
> select which attributes to display. If I want to display "user_id",

Underscores are not valid in an attributeType :

attributetype = oid
oid = descr / numericoid
descr = keystring
numericoid = number 1*( '.' number )
keystring = leadkeychar *keychar
leadkeychar = ALPHA
keychar = ALPHA / DIGIT / '-'
ALPHA   = %x41-5A / %x61-7A   ; "A"-"Z" / "a"-"z"
DIGIT   = %x30 / LDIGIT       ; "0"-"9"

(RFC 4512)

I'm sorry that Oracle is not LDAP compliant...

The only thing you can do is to fill a JIRA asking for an extension of Apache Studio in order
to handle such corner cases. Not sure
it can be done quickly, as we have many other things to do and we don't have an Oracle server
to test such things.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny